I share with you Papad Curry. This is a Rajasthani dish. This dish is making in very quick, within less than 8-10 minutes your side dish for rotis will be ready and you can enjoy them very well immediately. This sabzi is famous in Rajasthan cuisine and this side dish goes simply for papads, Yogurt and few usual spices. Learn How to make Papad curry.
- 5 moong papad
- 2 tbsp yogurt (dahi)
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds (sarso/rai)
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi powder)
- ½ tsp red chilli powder (lal mirch powder)
- Pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tbsp oil ½ tbsp gram flour (besan)
- Salt to taste (namak)
- ½ tsp green chilli paste
- ½ tsp ginger paste (adrak)
- tsp garlic paste (lehsun paste)
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped (hara dhania)
Take a bowl. In bowl add the yogurt (dahi), gram flour (besan), salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and whisk with beater. Add eater and again whisk. Keep a side. Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, when crackle the seeds add the asafetida, green chili paste, garlic paste, ginger paste and sauté well. Now add in the yogurt and gram flour mixture and cook slowly until the oil separated from the yogurt. Add garam masala powder and mix well. Break the papads as medium sized peace (don’t break them too small). The papad add in the cook curry and boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the flame and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve to hot.
- Check the salt, if needed add it, never add the salt while cooking, some papads will have enough salt, if more salt is added your sabzi will turn extremely salty.