Moong Dal Kachori is a very crispy and very tasty. Moong Dal Kachori is popular in Rajasthani snack. Moong Dal Kachori is a crispy Indian snack and all people love this snack. You can have eaten with tea in the morning breakfast with tea. That is stuffed with spiced fillings. This Kachori is filled with a delectable moong dal mixture and deep fried. Once when we went for picnic my friend got as homemade Kachoris that her sister made. They are so crispy and so delicious, the taste that I could never forget. The crispy and spicy moong dal filling literally falls apart in your mouth making your reach out of more. Moong Dal Kachori eat with sweet and spicy chutney. I like Moong Dal Kachori. I’m going to share this recipe with you all. So let’s see how to make Moong Dal Kachori at home.
For The Dough :-
- 2 cups Refined Flour (meda)
- 4 tbsp Oil (Tel)
- Salt to taste
For The Stuffing :-
- 1/2 cup Splite Green Moong Dal
- 2 tbsp Roasted Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1/4 tsp Green Chilli Paste (Hari Mirch Paste)
- Pinch of Asafetida (Hing)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder (Dhani a Powder)
- 3/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- ¼ tsp Dried Mango Powder (Amchur Powder)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (Tel)
- Salt to taste
Other Ingredient :-
- Oil for deep frying
Make The Dough :-
Take a bowl, add refined flour, salt, oil and mix till you get a crumble like above. When oil and salt fully mixed add water and knead to make smooth dough. The prepared dough cover with a cloth and keep a side for 10 to 15 minutes.
Make The Stuffing :-
Wash the Moong dal, soak for 1 to 2 hours. Drain the moong dal. Grind the dal, you should be filling the dal half full. Heat oil in pan, add Asafetida and Cumin seeds, when cracle the seeds add Green chili paste. Add Coriander powder, Red chilli powder, Amchur powder, Garam masala powder, Salt to taste, roasted Gram flour and mix well. Now add the soaked moong dal and stir for 3 to 5 minutes until the masala and moong dal are properly mixed. Cool down. Make small ball from all the mixture. Keep a side.
How to Process :–
Divide dough for equal size and make balls. Flatten each ball between the palms, the mung dal mixture’s ball place in the middle, enfold the dough ball and seal the ends tightly and remove excess dough. Make a ball and flatten between the palms. Same way prepare all balls. Heat oil in kadhai. When the oil fully hot add prepared kachori deep fry on medium flame. Fry until golden brown and crispy, turning carefully to the other sides. Remove the Kachori and put in tissue paper. Same ways prepare all Kachori. Serve hot Kachori in serving plate and eat with sweet chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Fry the Kachori’s on medium low to get a crisp outer layer.
- You can also use half wheat flour and half refined flour for making Kachori.
- you use a rolling pin, the filling may come out and make holes in the Kachori.
- So you will have to be just pressed out using your palm.